Live the rock star dream in this live band karaoke contest fundraiser, featuring Sexy Time (the live band karaoke guys) and the Make Me Sing Scare-aoke Challenge.
Admission: Suggested contribution of $20. Buy your tickets below or tickets also available at the door.
Proceeds benefit Ohio Citizen Action’s campaign to break Ohio's dependence upon inefficient, dirty coal plants and to promote energy efficiency and renewable energy use.
Karaoke Contest Rules
1. Core contestants signed up back in June to compete for a prestigious trophy, fabulous prizes and bragging rights. They will be judged not only on their karaoke performances on August 5, but also on their ability to raise sponsorships prior to and during the event. Anyone wishing to sponsor a contestant during the event to boost their chances of winning can buy a ticket for $10. Each contestant will have a receptacle to collect these “votes”, which will count toward their score.
2. Anyone can be a non-competing performer by contributing $10 at the event, per song. Non-competing performers will be scheduled in between core contestant performances on a walk-up basis. There are only so many slots during the competition, but walk-up performances will continue after the awards are given until the band gets tired or the bar closes.
3. For $10, anyone may also challenge someone else to sing. The person challenged may either accept the challenge by choosing a song OR they can pay $20 to get out of singing. If neither choice is acceptable, they must wear the “I Love Dirty Coal” dunce cap for one song.
4. One or more of the judges may offer to perform throughout the evening. Tickets may be purchased throughout the evening from roving OCA volunteers for $10 to “vote” for the judges to sing as well.
5. Sexy Time reserves the right to perform songs in their repertoire once per evening. Core contestants and judges picked their selections prior to the event, so not all songs will be available for walk-up contestants on August 5. Ohio Citizen Action apologizes for any inconvenience this may cause.
Contact Melissa English or call 513-221-2100.
Thank you to our event sponsor, NextGen Climate.
NextGen Climate is focused on bringing climate change to the forefront of American politics. Founded by businessperson and philanthropist Tom Steyer in 2013, NextGen Climate acts politically to prevent climate disaster and promote prosperity for every American. This election cycle, NextGen Climate Ohio will operate a statewide campaign to register and mobilize young voters to help elect climate champions this fall, with the goal of registering 40,000 new voters this election cycle.
4165 Hamilton Ave
Cincinnati, OH 45223
Google map and directions